- The Saferparks Database has incorporated approximately 15,000 amusement ride/device accident reports from 30 agencies. In aggregate, the regulatory records are of sufficient volume to provide some insight into the ways in which patrons are hurt using amusement rides and attractions.
- Years covered, equipment types included, reporting criteria, and level of detail provided vary widely by jurisdiction.
- Not all areas of the country have public reporting laws.
- Some jurisdictions exempt certain business sectors from public accident reporting requirements.
- Not all jurisdictions that collect safety data on amusement rides provide it to Saferparks.