The graphs in this section show a histogram plotting the age of the youngest patron involved in the accident against the number of accidents for that age. Each age column is grouped by another attribute as described below.
Part of the ride cycle in which the accident occurred
- During load/unload/queue.
- During the active part of the amusement experience.
- Either - this covers a small number of accident categories that can occur during either load/unload/queue or the active part of the ride cycle (for example: entrapment).
- Pain or illness - these are reportable incidents in which the patron suffered pain or illness, but the report did not mention a specific cause.
The graph includes a select form that allows you to filter the results to a specific industry sector, device category, or device type.
- Amusement parks and carnivals
- Water parks
- Recreation - this covers more active amusement industry activities such as go-karts, climbing walls, and inflatable jumpers.
The graph includes a select form that allows you to filter the results to a specific accident category.